How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44896
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having a problem with ANZ bank with regards to Super

Customer Question

Hi there,
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Hi Pearl, i am having a problem with ANZ bank with regards ***** ***** fund and insurance that was taken off my account, after i got redundant 23/3/16. i have put a complaint about the fact that they have deducted over 3k in insurance for April, May, June, July. i have been told by Sh***** ***** at ANZ claims that my complaint has been rejected. I beleive they are wrong and they should never ave reverted the insurance to me to be paid most especially when i cancelled the insurance as soon as i received a letter from ANZ insurance to pay the premiums, after the company stopped paying into Super fund.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have put a complaint last week and today i was called to be told that it has been rejected
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think that is about the jest of it
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

If you can provide evidence that they had no right to be educating the premiums you can lodge a complaint with the ombudsman.

You should ask them for a letter to confirm their finding of the initial complaint and provide that to the ombudsman as well.

The ombudsman website is as follows

They have the power to investigate and if they find that the bank has incorrectly deducted premiums they can order that they reinstate them.

I hope this makes sense end is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.