How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44857
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

11/12 years ago I received a judgement on fraud I have been

Customer Question

11/12 years ago I received a judgement on fraud I have been waiting on a Police Clearence which was applied for 20/10 (has not arrived) l have been into a police station for help? However was told "it should be OK" as 10 years is up February. I need some help as I need it for s job they will not wait much longer??
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA; head office NSW cannot proceed further until they have it (I spoke with them this morning) I have had no problems since and have held responsible management positions, I am more than happy to see a lawyer here in WA as I need to know where I stand? I had NO help from Police... can you recommend anyone here to see?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I applied on line 20/10 was told 8/10 working days
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no this is trrriblie important !! I had my sister dying and just did stupid thing it's not my character however now it's come back to remind me? i would like to have an aptment asap please
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you please call me? 0430 405076
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I requested a lawyer here in Perth (not NSW) as I will need to see them?
Please cancel my request & payment I will call a lawyer myself in Perth.
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

It is not an automatic thing.

You have to make an application for them to be spent and the time to that is once 10 years have passed.

Here is detailed information from Legal Aid WA

Having said that any police clearance you get now will show the conviction until the application is made.

The information I have provided is for WA and I hope it assists and makes sense.

If there is nothing further

You are very welcome and thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.