Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Can i remove a director of a company due to him stealing

Customer Question
money JA: What state are you...
can i remove a director of a company due to him stealing money
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ACT
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet, only just found out, he knows we know and has admitted to it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really, we think he will resign but we would prefer to remove him immediately
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
10/30/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Good Afternoon

It is a criminal offence and if you are the main share holder you can have him removed. Also report him to ASIC as this is a breach of his duties and they will prosecute him and you can tell the police as well.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor