How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When do I have to give a Subpoena to my witnesses to give

Customer Question

When do I have to give a Subpoena to my witnesses to give evidence before a court case. eg months, days, weeks.
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Queensland - CFMEU is charging me as I did not give them Right of Entry. This was when the labour government first announced it. tHE cfmeu WERE at my site the next day. I did give them Right of Entry 2 hours later but they still did not show me their identification or entry documents.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes we have set a court date for july 2017. The judge seems on my side. By 4pm on 28th oct we were supposed to consult and complete and the Applicant is to file a joint case summary document setting out the issues in dispute, the issues agreed, the number of witnesses and the estimate of the time require for trial. I rang their solicitor to ask what they wanted and they said Money. I said I am not giving money as I did nothing wrong. They said then they are going to take it all the way. I am a female builder developer which has now quit because of all of the bullying and harassment from the CFMEU and WPH&SQ over the past 14 years.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

So you are the defendant in the case? You are being sued?