How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im sorry to trouble you miss, I actually pressed the wrong

Customer Question

Im sorry to trouble you miss
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I actually pressed the wrong button my apologies..Iam in NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am beginning ( for the second time to apply to the Attorney General's Dept regarding a Victim of Crime (2) that I supplied to a lawyer 5 years ago and he did nothing about it..I made a complaint to the Law Commission(?) but i believevery strongly that the two were acquainted he gave a very short report full of discrepancies and my complaint was dismissed out of hand i was very upset and called the Law Commission back he seemed annoyed that i was bothering ":Barry" and i asked how to get my paperwork which he still held and the Law Commission said oh well you could email.. I tried all this, but nwas fobbed offf by a temp working there they eventually sent an envelope a monthe after it was promised and asked me to sign application papers stating the facts incorrectly..i signed all of those forms for that solicitor 5 years ago and despite him promising they were lodge in various appointments at a resource centre locally. he had not.. My counsellor asking on the progress informed me to contact VOC and ask about the stage it had reached.. that was when I found he hadnt done anything that he ahd promised and assured me. Then the amount of the poayments were virtually cut away. I had no idea what to do. Then I saw somethin the newspaper to say the further cutoff was 30 Sept, that was when I again tr\ied to azsk for my papers..Tey simply ignored me, or saidf I hadnt provided Police reports I stated there were none and asked them that if they actually had the file in front of them and read it, that they would know this.. From that time on they have ignored me.. My purpose under the suggestion of a meeting discussing these kinds of things, was to try to have a rapist put onto an offenders file if possible and to have what my father did to me recognised and possibly given an amount of money That sounds greedy, but I dont mean it that way.. I am now 61 years old,m I have struggled most of my life, I am alone and am scared that i have no money to buy my funeral..AG"s insisted at5 that meaning I had a cause and this solicitor took it away from me. I am lucky enough to have been granted some more appointments with my cvounsellor and she is helping me to apply, although they now only give a "recognition" paym,ent of which i have no idea.. AG's now say that the rules are different and I am now faced with gouing to the Police and have the Rapist and my father charged. Thank god my father is dead, but I am terrified. can you help me in any way? I know this solicitor Barry Penfold has been charged before apparently and left town.. I wish I had known this when they sent me to him.. Thank you for listening. Susan Cross
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

When did the crime occur?