How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a son who refuses to move out of my house, (I am

Customer Question

I have a son who refuses to move out of my house, (I am currently living with my elderly mother as her carer in near by suburb) the property is covered with broken vehicles/ container with roofing iron all over the place. He has had a pig on the grounds that has dug up the pavers / grass. The house front door is broken , its a mess.
I have asked for 6 months for him to move out, he isn't paying rent and when ever I ask him to find his own place I get abused. We are coming up to the wet season and I need to have it ready for the rains. Due to his junk its impossible to get machinery up to the area that needs work. Its on the side of a hill so its necessary to do.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

You are going to have to send him a letter deeming that he clean it up and move out.

Because he is not a tenant you will have to take him to the Magistrate court and get an eviction order and possession order.

Was the agreement that he pay for anything etc and is he doing that?

Related Australia Law Questions