How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5781
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 17 year old son who was unfairly dismissed from a

This answer was rated:

I have a 17 year old son who was unfairly dismissed from a casual job which he has had for two year. we are told nbecause he is a casual he has no rights?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure what you mean- sorry. He had a phonecall and was fired
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: stated he was rude and seriously undermined their authority. However his boss claims to not know anything about it and he is one of the people my son was allegedly rude to, worked 10 to 12 hour shifts no breaks etc

What tripe, he is entitled to a claim for unfair dismissal.

There is a catch though, he needs to make a claim within 21 days of being dismissed, no exceptions.

Lodge a claim with them and the Fair Work Commission can make a judgement call.

He is entitled to up to 6 months pay in compensation and of his old job back.

I wish to help you in this situation.

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Daniel and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attempted to find forms to lodge a complaint but cant find form. keep getting redirected to other sites. Nobody has given him an explanation as to what he did. He is devastated as he loved his job. He wants to go to the office of his employer to clear his name? Is this advisable as he will not get his job back but he is adamant he did nothing wrong and it is personal? My son works almost every weekend and school holidays. In two years he has worked anything from 8 hours to 13 hours a day and never given a lunch break. They made him sign a contract recently and was not given a copy. Has not been given a payslip in over a year. He spend most his time on the beach as a tour guide and given no shade. His supervisor has told him he done nothing but his hands tied as he is on a month probation, The workers scared to lose their job so nobody sticking up for him even though they know this is so unfair. He also only started to be paid super mid last year, so first 8 months did not receive super payments? My son loved his job he thought it best job in world and never called in sick, always 15 minutes early to clock on. Do you think he could have a fair case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last day he worked was 8th October so does that mean he has 21days from then or 21 days from the Friday 13th October the day they phoned him? If from 8th October I only have 8 days to submit form? A form I have been trying to locate since the 9th October. As you can tell I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to computers. Thankyou for your patience and any advice you can offer.

21 days from the day his position was terminated.