How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44619
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted of high range dd 8 mths ago, i wasnt even in

Customer Question

i was convicted of high range dd 8 mths ago, i wasnt even in the car i was on the footpath. i have been to court and convicted 6mths and the mand interlock
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: is it too late to appeal this new south wales
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just dont think i was judged fairly
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i had a local solicitor that hardly opened his mouth i have a small bussiess and really need my lic so he mentioned interlock i had no idea what he was talking about but i simply know im not a repeat offender i was on the footpath looking for my mobile phone, the six mths suspention is up 2 mths ago but i cant afford an interlock, i have been booked before over 21 yrs ago DUI when laws changed from .08 to .05 think it was right on the brink of mid range but other than that 1 or 2 fines no seat belt or speeding that too over 20 yrs ago. i had been bashed pretty bad that night earlier this yr cops dint want to know and yes i had been drinking but id lost my mobile ph which had all alarm code for banks PO"s and other commercial premises (im CLEANER) it was late was 30 secs from my house and i had parked the car and was walking looking for my phone
i live in ulladulla quite country town
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

I would assume that you pleaded not guilty and had a hearing. If not and you pleaded guilty then this means that you admitted to be driving and this is why the court sentenced you as they did.

Being 8 months ago it is now too late to do anything because the appeal time is 28 days from the date of the sentencing.

You should be getting copies of all documents form the solicitor and also go to the court and get a transcript. Then see another solicitor that practices in criminal law and get more detailed advise on what can be done and if it is possible to re-open the matter. But the appeal time is 28 days. You will need special leave to do this. If you pleaded guilty then it is even harder.

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.