How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm from Egypt and I live in Saudi Arabia and willing to

Customer Question

I'm from Egypt and I live in Saudi Arabia and willing to establish a limited liability company solely for the purpose of online trading (women,men and kids clothing) I have some specific questions as follows:
1- What is the best way and what are the steps to hire a manager who doesn't reside in Australia and allow him to get a permanent residence.
2-What kind of visa can I get just to follow up the work by visiting Australia 4-6 times yearly in the first year.
3- what are the conditions which if I fulfill as a foreign non-residence owner of a running business in Australia I would be able to get a permanent residence in Australia.
Note:please note that I will start trading with AUD 20,000 or even less.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

Do you wish to set up the company in Australia?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon
Yes and my detailed questions are clear I guess
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

You can only register a company here if you have a resident that is prepared to be a director. The Director of the company has to be residing ordinary in Australia.

If there is noone you have in Australia you will not be able to set up the company.

A manager is not good enough. They have to be prepared to take on the financial risks and be director.

If you can get the company established then the company can seek to hire a person and if there is no australian candidate suitable then they can look to hire a foreign manager under a 457 visa

If you are the sole share holder then you will be the owner of the company and any income that is disbursed to you will be taxed to you as a non resident.

But you have to find a person that is resident to start up the company and be director.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
I know that I have to hire a resident director , However my 1st question was for the way to hire a non-resident manager. What are the steps that enable me to hire the foreign manager ?
Please also answer my 2nd and third questions mentioned in my initial enquiry.
Thanks in advance
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

If the company is not established it cannot hire anyone. You personally can hire someone but as you are not a resident you cannot hire them in australia.

You have to establish the company first and then advertise for the position. If there are no Australian candidates available or suitable them you can hire from overseas.

If you want to visit for 4 - 6 weeks to work you will have difficulty. You would only be able to come as a tourist. If you are not coming here to work you can use a tourist visa.

If you wish to get permeant residency you have to start up a business you have to have a business visa and here is the link for you

You have to seek specialist advise on this as the investment has to be done correctly.

20K is not enough.