How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44196
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter in law is keeping the children away from their

Customer Question

my daughter in law is keeping the children away from their father he cant even speak to them he hasn't been with them for 13 weeks he has spent over 10 thousand trying to have time with them, she said unless he meets her demands he can't have them. This means he is paying her over 300 a week she is only wanting money.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: MY son has a family law solicitor but not getting any where
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She has an AVO out against my son and she has one in place for the children He has been having the children for the past 12 months on his days off now she has enforced the AVO for the children
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

I assume that they do not have court orders on the family court.

If the AVO does not allow him to spend time with the children then he has to make an application in the court to have it varied. Also he has to file an urgent application with the family court if he has not already got one on to seek orders that the children spend time with him

This should all be attended to on Monday.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.