How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44867
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have committed domestic violence about a week ago police

Customer Question

i have committed domestic violence about a week ago police rang me and wanted to know where i was and if they could meet up i told the i will meet them out side police station in a hour and did they detained me to serve me with the dvo paper work basically i couldn't contact or aproce my partner or my son or her family went to court on Thursday disagree with dvo because i didn't know what my partner wanted but turned out that she wanted contact with me and wanted me to have contact with our son judge said could have contact with them as long as my partner gave me written consent we went in to child safety and talked to them with out being asked by them cause my partners councilor said if she goes near me child safety will put our son into foster care we tryed to tell them that we are trying to work through the situation we have put our family in and that i was doing all that is possible to get help for what i have done to my partner by seeing a councilor booking in to anger management course seeking mediation for both of us my and we have organized alternative accommodation for my partner they didn't believe a word i said to the point i had to ring real Estate for them to verify it was true i had written consent to have my boy over night this morning i had breakfast and went to go out to car and there was a police car at end of driveway but couldn't see the police then they came walking from around side of house and said u r not surpose to be here i said yes I'm i live here no u don't then they ask where my partner is i said in the unit i rented for her for 4 weeks for her until we go back to court i have had the police here once to twice a day a causing me of all sorts of things that i haven't done i was wondering is there something that can b done to get them to back off so my partner and i can start sorting out what we have to do to become the family we want to be
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my partner and i would like to know how she can drop the police police dvo
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

The police are the only ones that can withdraw it. She has to attend at court and advise the magistrate that she no longer wishes to proceed and that she no longer has any fears for her safety.

If she has lied to the police they can have her charged for providing them false information.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.