How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44375
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in melbourne, yes i have a on-going work cover claim,

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i am in melbourne
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes i have a on-going work cover claim, however in july i was diegnosed with CRPS in sholder,clavicle,upper back,neck and arm region. following this my whole process had taken so long as my injury happend n march and the people i saw first told me it was all in my head. now its in my legs and they wont give me a solid diegnoses we have done nerve conduction studies and proved that it is type 1 my home care still hasnt been approved and i am left with no money life cant get aound but what i am wanting to know is am i able to claim a lump sum once they reach a decsion? i am very worried that they will cut my payments as i know that "pain" conditons such as these are not reconised. i applogize for my typeing and spelling it is hard to focus on the key bord and type properly because of my tremours
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how do we pay this?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: ok no problem how long will it take i dont have long im just in between appointments an i want to go in knowing my rights a little better
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

You can only claim a lump sum if your doctors give you a diagnosis that it is permanent.

Here is some information.

It all comes down to what your doctors say.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.