Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Im having a few dramas with Telstra atm can you help at all?

Customer Question

Im having a few dramas with Telstra atm can you help at all? Shaun
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nsw but I was in Queensland at the time
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes I have had many conversations on the phone and have lost valuable time. Each person keeps passing it on and I wait days at a time for a reply
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The story is.. my phone stopped working for unknown reason. I toke it into Telstra shop at Robina because I had insurance on it. The young man told me it would take 5 working days and "did not have to hand the phone back. I spent the next 40 minutes signing up over the phone for a new hand set to be sent out. I was unable to get a replacement phone as they wouldn't provide me with one that would fit my sim. A week later and a lot of missed work due to my little business being in my customers in my contacts. I went into another Telstra shop where they told me they phone was never ordered and it would only take 24 hours for them to send the new phone out. Which arrived the next day after all that. When I received my bill the next month I had an extra $1030 on the bill for not returning the phone I was told I didn't have to. In the mean time ive gotten rid of the phone during moving house somewhere. They told me they informed me of the phone exchanged but sent it to the wrong email.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello

File a complaint here with the ombudsman:

https://www.tio.com.au/

They are able to make a judgement call on the matter and it is the most appropriate forum to deal with it.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.