How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44194
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went bankrupt in April 2015 and I my mother passed away in

Customer Question

I went bankrupt in April 2015 and I my mother passed away in April this year she has left me some money do I have to declare this
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: I'm in WA and yes it has been I have received the money already
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I haven't reported yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been reading about chapter 7 and it stats there about if you receive money after 180 days you don't have to declare is this correct or not.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

Yes you are under an obligation to disclose all assets that come into your possession.

The Trustee has the right to seize the inheritance.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.