Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Having trouble with getting my working with children card…

Customer Question
Having trouble with getting...

Having trouble with getting my working with children card back

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

From WA but at present working in Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Have been through district court and been aquited of the 3 charges and done the mediation with the dcp and they have said no for my card to be returned

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/11/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

What reasons have you been given for them refusing too give it back to you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Because there was an allegation of sexual misconduct of a minor 13-16 year old

Good Afternoon

But you say that has been finished and you have been acquitted?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but they are still refusing to return the card and did mediation and the dcp are now refusing to return the wwc
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Saying the allegation is still there and they won't remove the negative notice
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Even though its been through district court and aquited
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am just checking where can I take it from here

What act are they relying on.

Have you asked them to give you this information?

You may have to take this to the Ombudsman.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was a particular law saying I was still a treat to the community and to children and that's after being aquited on all 3 charges

Good Afternoon

You need to send me that so I can give you more infomation