Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Living have been living in my home for 37 years just over

Customer Question
two years my husband was...
living have been living in my home for 37 years just over two years my husband was putting his medication in my food and and i had reported him to the police, my husband was charged but then admitted himself into mental health later to be put into a retiring home as he wasnt to live with me and not to be on his home, he now wont's a divorce and to sell our home he gave up work 21 years ago and i was his carer and i also worked and still do. my question is where do i stand i don't wont to sell the our home i am 64 years and he is 71. thank you your answer will be greatful . Dot
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No but talking to someone this week
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is he or i entitle to legal aid as we do have a home and super
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/11/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

Does he suffer from dementia?

He cannot get a divorce unless you are separated for 12 months

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi we have been separated over two years as he is in a retirement home and no he don't have dementia
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if I can talk to you it would be better but must be around 4pm please Dot

You cannot stop him applying for the divorce. But if he wants a property settlement then you will have to get a solicitor to assist you because you have greater need than he does as he is in a nursing hime.

You should get more than 50% share of all the assets.

you can elect to have a call when you are ready and I can call you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you as I am at work and wont be home till 3:30 I would very much appreciated a call from you

Talk later

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you heaps

You are welcome

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi sorry but just wondering if you are calling me today

You have to elect a call

I believe it is an extra fee and them I an asked to call you through the system

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was charged $50 may I ask what thatt was for

I am not sure I do not deal with that part. I only answer the questions.

I will pass you onto the administrators

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor