How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you please advise me on where to get the "letter of

Customer Question

good morning , can you please advise me on where to get the "letter of administration" for our father who is a pensioner. We lost our mother 6 years ago and trying to see if we can get her superannuation through my father who is still alive. Now my father is a pensioner and can't really afford to pay thousand's of dollars just to get a letter of administration. please advise, we are based in Perth right now.
JA: I am Pearl, the Lawyer's Assistant. What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: PErth and hasn't been filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: our mother worked in different companies and wasn't able to update her super as her death was unexpected.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did you mortar have any other assets apart from the super? Do you have the details of the superfund?