Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I had served on my ex wife an initiation for property

Customer Question

Hi, I had served on my ex wife an initiation for property settlement in the Federal Court on 24/08 expecting to receive a response and Financial Statement within 14 days of service. She has not replied and Court Date is 17/10. Is she in Contempt of Court? I have no Financial details of hers and no Affidavits on which to base a case! Please help me!
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: QUeensland , I filed Initiation form, Affidavit and Financial Statement and had sealed copies served on her.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I efiled them in Comcourts portal and then printed out the sealed forms and served them.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Most of the Marital pool property is in India but she lives in Brisbane.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Hello

No, here is what will happen.
it will go to court, she will need time to prepare and will be given a time table to file her documents in response.

She needs to provide all documents in respect.

I trust she is doing her homework, her lawyer will be in the process of drafting the documents.

A court will give her time.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.