How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44351
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im now retired and im hoping that i can get arrears

Customer Question

im now retired and im hoping that i can get arrears dismissed as im on the pension now, i have never seen my kids since she moved out and took them with her
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: s.a
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no......
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really, just would like to have arrears dismissed
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry, I just realized this case is related to Australia. So, I will opt out and ask the site to move the case to Australia Law.

Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If you are asking about child support you cannot have ti waived, unless your ex agrees to waive them. The child support payments are always due and they can be enforced against your estate and they are not tied to the time you spend with your children.

I am sorry not to be able to give you anything more positive. But unless your ex agrees to waive her right to the money you will still remain liable.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.