How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44890
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an australian citizen and my partner of 9 years is an

Customer Question

i am an australian citizen and my partner of 9 years is an indonesian citizen. She has a current 3 yr multiple entry visitor visa subclass 600, which was granted after 2 short term visitor visas. My partner is pregnant and due to give birth in early Jan 2017 We are trying to source information, as to requirements and law,citizenship of our child, public health system entitlements etc,in the event we give birth while she is visiting australia again. Any information would be greatly appreciated, as i am finding extremely difficult to source relative information.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

The child has the right to get citizenship by decent through you.

Here is the information from Border control

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.