Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I've been arrested on Saturday night and spent the night in

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I've been arrested on Saturday night and spent the night in the watch house. I've read the charges and I've been charged with 3 counts of obstructing a police officer and 1 count of public nuisance. I was wondering what my best options are and I would like to see any CCTV footage.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It's in Queensland.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I've been given notice to seek legal aid
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I found myself in a position in which it was best to defend myself against 2 larger men. In the process of doing so I have been maced by police that I did not know where anywhere near me. When I got maced I went down and put up no resistance as I assumed the police where arresting me. I couldn't see anything and Im fairly certain the CCTV footage will verify.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Hello
You need to issue subpoena to the place where the CCTV footage was being filmed, whether it be a licensed premises or general cameras run by the council.

More info:

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/court/court-services/apply-to-issue-a-subpoena/

You need to do this now to avoid delay. Sometimes the recordings are deleted in a short period of time, no there is no time limitation as to how long CCTV footage can be kept so best file in court now.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Hello
I note I still have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.