Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I would like to know if the franchisor is obligated to give

Customer Question

i would like to know if the franchisor is obligated to give the franchisee all the tuition needed to set up accounting system together with details of banking in terms of their point of sale. Are they supposed to ensure that you are confident in how to integrate your pos to your accounting system and also how to ensure your banking reconciles with the daily takings etc.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are in WA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We are already in a franchise and have failed to supply monthly reports because the accounts are not balancing due to us not being taught how the pos system integrates with xero accounting system that we are using.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have received a letter from their lawyers to say that we are in breach as they have not received these reports. We have 10 days to rectify this, we also do have an accounting firm trying to sort out the total mess due to the lack of knowledge by ourselves, not knowing the system pos that they forced us to install. We received limited training in how to do daily banking and processing in order for the system to produce the reconcilated and accurate information.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
What does the franchise agreement state?
I would suggest however if they insist on you using a type of system, they should at the very least provide an understanding of same.

It assists you as it does assist them.

But again, the franchise agreement will state this?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I note I still have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I wish to help you in this situation.