Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My husband, myself and another married couple went to a

Customer Question

Hello, my husband, myself and another married couple went to a nightclub after our towns 'Food and Wine' festival. We had had a couple of drinks and danced a lot. We went to the smoking area to have a smoke and on returning they had a bikini contest happening. Majority of females had left or were leaving the premises and approx 200 males were left. I approached a bartender to refund my untouched drink as the contest was not advertised anywhere on entering the venue and I wanted to leave. I was told no by him. But then I spoke to the owner/manager and he refunded my drink money. I no sooner walked back to my husband to leave and I was approached by a bouncer telling me I had to leave Now. I asked him is he kicking me out now? He replied you have to leave Now. I then tipped a drink (contents) over my shoulder, behind my back. I was then grabbed forcefully by 2 bouncers by my arm and hair and taken to the front door. My husband approached one of the bouncers that had me and said you don't have to grab her like that. I'm 40 and weigh 62 kg. One bouncer left me and put my husband in a arm and choking hold. My husband couldn't breath for a couple of seconds and was forced to the floor and held. My bouncer proceeded to take me out to the footpath and flung me around for a while until he had me on the ground, on my back with his knees, had my arms twisted up behind me and my hips were almost breaking. He kept slamming my head into to front huge glass panel door 5 times. He held me there until 7 police officers came. I wasn't aloud to speak, and I definitely wasn't aloud to speak to my husband. The police officer took my refund money out of my hand as he handcuffed me, and put me in the police car. They took me to the police station (without a seatbelt) and fined me $731 for public nuisance intoxicated behaviour. I would like advice on assault and ? Discrimination/gender equality etc
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Best to simply sue the nightclub for unlawful arrest and being assaulted.

I would not even hesitate.
File, now.
Speak with the law society and have a Solicitor referred to you.
http://www.qls.com.au/Home

You would be able to find a no win no fee solicitor.

I have dealt with a number of these matters, they would be insured and will pay out to settle.

The last matter I dealt with the client obtained $50,000.00. I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU, but it may well do so.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting without further payment.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I note I still have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I wish to help you in this situation.