How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5740
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is probate required on my mother's will in Queensland? She

Customer Question

Is probate required on my mother's will in Queensland? She was a pensioner.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: In Queensland. I only picked up the death certificate this afternoon. So far, I have notified the pension people and the insurance company and her bank. Is that what you mean by filing and reporting?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Like what? I'm not sure what is required. I am the executor and Mum owns a little house outright. I have two brothers and it is all equal share.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Generally yes if there is a house involved.
It will be needed to sell the home / transfer into your / you brother's name.

More info:

I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you