How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44893
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just opened a letter from previous employer. They

Customer Question

Hi, I just opened a letter from previous employer. They apparently overpaid $6,136.13 in incorrect Distrct Allowance & $582.93. Tney would like repayment, now. What are my options, please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You have to repay it.

Your options are to reach an agreement and pay back by instalments. Alternatively borrow the money and pay it in full and repay the loan.

You cannot refuse to repay it back. You are not entitled to it and they have a right to sue you for it.

If you wish to pay it back by instalments you should make an offer to pay it back in less than 2 years. If it goes to court they will not give you more time and you will also have to pay legal costs court costs and interests.

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.