How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44368
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Banned in the first week of February for an argument. Yes I

Customer Question

banned in the first week of February for an argument. Yes I swung a punch and it put me on my backside and did not connect with the person it was aimed at. he provoked the argument and continues to drink there. How long can I be banned for?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** I am in Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No just this ban that has no end
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was allowed in the same pub tonight and had a few drinks and was chatting about how we all lived close together when I was asked to leave. He watched me buy my first drink and then my second before telling me I was banned
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did you ask them how long you were banned for?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did and still have no answer but I went there tonight as my house was cold with no power since 1am and had 3 beers when I was asked to leave tonight. He took me outside and asked me to leave and I asked why as I was chatting with some people where I grew up and hadn't caused any problems. I said how long am I banned for and he told me he would discuss it with his wife.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I haven't been there since the first week in Feb. and if the young fella had of stopped calling me old all woman I would of been fine. My daughter and her date were there and she kept telling him to shut up and stop calling me old . I don't want to feel old even though the body is heading there. cheers
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

You have to send them a letter and make a formal request.

As it is private property they can decide they do not want you back and you cannot do very much unless you believe you are being victimised or discriminated against. In that case you can sue them in court and request the court make an order.

This is the best I can offer you. It is up to them on how long they will ban you provided it is not discrimination.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.