How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5594
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a travel insurance claim for lost property and would

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a travel insurance claim for lost property and would like to withdraw it. I had an investigator call me and would like to have a phone interview with me next week but do not want to proceed with this as quitee onerous
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Report has been filed to NZ police New Zealand Nothing in aiustralia apart from lodgement of claim.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The company is AIG Travel - I have only just spoke to investigator to arrange a time but no formal interview as yet.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

So you no longer want to pursue a claim?
All that you need to is speak with the insurance company and state that you no longer want to pursue.

Any issues, contact the financial ombudsman. They deal with insurance matters.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you