How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask kmslaw Your Own Question
kmslaw, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 210
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
kmslaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Colman Francis Moloney are harassing me on a regular basis

Customer Question

Hi there Colman Francis Moloney are harassing me on a regular basis about worktops from my old workplace which I gave back and there saying The 3 worktops Are worth over $3000 and now they're calling my new workplace which I don't know how they found out and asking him for my financial details and then sending me documents that are not legal with a fake registered magistrates name on it its a form 72a to 72c what can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor in NSW who will assist with your inquiry today. I am in meetings now until late so I can attend to this at 7.00am tomorrow, if that doesn't suit you please let customer service know and they may be able to find you someone else to assist. In the meantime, please let me know what state of Australia you are in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi 7AM tomorrow morning is fine and I'm in Victoria
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello. It looks like you need to call the Magistrates Court of Victoria and verify that the document you have received is authorised by them, but you will know whether it is usually by whether the Court has officially stamped the document. So call the Magistrates Court of Victoria, give them the Court Number in the top right hand corner of Form 72A and ask them what their Court stamp looks like so that you can identify whether it is on the document. If it is, you will have to ascertain from them when the original court order was given and why you were not served with an originating process to launch the original court proceedings. If they can't answer that, tell them you want to reopen the case for the original proceedings on the basis that you were not served at all with the originating process (I assume you have no original court documents for this matter?) then ask them how you should go about that - either by way of notice of motion or otherwise.

If the Court stamp is not on the document and they tell you that they don't always stamp the document, just verify with them the Court number, the fact that there was an original court order etc as it says on the document. If it doesn't check out with them, then I would ignore it.

Best of luck with your endeavours. Please rate my answer to indicate if you are satisfied with it. Kylie

Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

The contact numbers for the Courts are here: you need to choose the metropolitan location or the country court as is indicated on the form 72A.