How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44367
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The police have applied intervention order on my behalf

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: the police have applied intervention order on my behalf tomorrow is the hearing date now my husband is going to fight the order and dost want the intervention order to be on him.. how can i get the judge to believe that he will hurt me if the intervention is not placed
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Victoria few weeks ago
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i reported to the police and the police applied a short term intervention order on him
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did the police charge your husband?

Does he have to appear in court?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
he used me to get in to the country he arrived in the Australia Melbourne on 5/05/15 and we got married on 14/05/16 then he changed he would pick and argument with me to make me upset and then would take out his phone and record our argument
i didnt know what for why he would record the argument.. then after a few days he left me diapered went to live with his brother in Brisbane and called me threatened to kill me if i tell the police which i did the police which interviewed me applied an interim order – a short-term order and tomorrow is the first hearing how can i make the judge and the police them believe me that if they do not apply intervention order on him he will hurt me how can i make them believe me
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry he arrived in Australia Melbourne on 5/5/16...
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

Do you still fear for your safety?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

You have to give evidence to the court about what happened and why you still fear fro your safety. The Police that are running the case for you will explain to you what they will be asking you when you are on the stand.

I assume you have already given a statement and that statement is part of the police evidence and it would include the death threat.

You will have to be put on the stand and both sides will ask you questions. If the court agrees that you are still in fear they will make the order against your husband.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further good luck and

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.