How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband got 2 kids and his son is living with us now.She

Customer Question

Hi, My husband got 2 kids and his son is living with us now.She smart and doesn't show correct income but she tells children that she works 12 hrs shift. he still pays 1000 for girl who is living with her mother.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: And we got 20 yrs daughter full time study and didn't get any allowance because oh my husband's income but child support regulation doesn't consider her as his responsibility.How come two different rules in same government body.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
child support doesn't consider as he is not the biological father but how other body of government centrelink can say that my husband income is high so she is not entitled for youth allowance. My question is if my husband income effects for not getting youth allowance then why she doesn't she count as his depended and reduce the child support payment which is 1000 for month.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon.

If the father is not the biological father then he should not be paying child support unless he has adopted the child.

How old is this child?

Is this child living with the mother?