How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44342
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question has bothered me for years and years and I feel I

Customer Question

My question has bothered me for years and years and I feel I need to ask. My ex wife and had are daughter together 25 years ago. When the child turn 2 my wife up and left for New Zealand without my knowledge or permission. She told she was going to see her parents
up at the Sunshine Coast taking my daughter with her but instead she flew out of Australia while I was at work. She rang from the Brisbane Airport so I went home and the house was clear out obviously it had been plan. She lived in New Zealand with her parents where she reported to child support. I never saw my daughter until she was 10 where I was allowed
to have her for 1 week. I have paid some child support but have always felt bitter that she left without my permission. She is now 25 and has nothing to do with me but of cause child Support is still on my case owing thousands in arrears. I have always wondered should have I had done something about this. Peter
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You had the right to file an application in the Family Court and obtained a recovery order to have her returned.

The court would have granted that order and the child would have been returned to australia.

Child support has to be paid and there is nothing that can be done by you. If your ex wife is prepared to wipe the debt she can notify them and the debt will be removed.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.