How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wish to get advice on how to close my business down. It is

Customer Question

I wish to get advice on how to close my business down. It is in my name but my estranged husband is running it. He will not let me see P&L figures and the staff will not let me enter the premises. I receive no income from it, but have all liabilities. There are approx 8 part time staff there. It is a Physiotherapy business.
I have an aggravated assault charge against my husband due to long tern DV and I have filed for court settlement of our assets and will be following this with divorce proceedings.
Can I just cancel my ABN and how do I apply to close the business down.
I was trying to get my husband to take the business on as he runs it, but to no avail.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Hi I can call on the phone

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
At the moment I would just like a written response as I am not in a position to talk on the phone
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

How can you not get access to the business?