How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner's father died and has a house which is not in his

Customer Question

My partner's father died and has a house which is not in his will. The will stipulates 'my belongings are to be sold and passed to charities'. Is my partner entitled to the house and what does he have to do? There is an executor not very forthcoming with information whether from uncertainty of his responsibilities or other we're not sure. We don't have extra money to fight big time but we do want to know what he can do, if anything.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Do you have a copy of the will and if so can you please scan it and attach the scanned file to your next post?

Related Australia Law Questions