How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work for a Body Corporate. Our Body Corporate believes the

Customer Question

I work for a Body Corporate. Our Body Corporate believes the retaining wall at the back of the property may have some kind of drainage issue. I am trying to work out whose responsibility it is and whether it would be better to just contact the local council to investigate.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: QLD
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, they did send what I consider a rather vicious letter to the neighbour telling them they have to maintain the wall, but I don't think that was the correct action
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just after information please
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Why do you believe the body corporate blaming the neighbour was wrong? Is the retaining wall on the boundary between the body corporate land and the neighbour's?

What is known about the history of the retaining wall and when it was built?