How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44375
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im currently seeking help to find the legal minimum age (

Customer Question

Im currently seeking help to find the legal minimum age ( for my son )to operate a tree logging harvester in South Australia. He has an exemption to leave school for a full time job on offer ( he is currently 15 1/2 16 in Feb 2016 ) with a locally based logging company. I have looked in depth but no one can tell me . I contacted TTIA (timber trade industrial association) and they say they think its school leaving age as long as he has the proper Aust. recognised training and meets compentency standards.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Do you know if there is an award?

Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

If there is an award the contact Fair Work Australia and they can advise you what it says.

Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My apologies but I cannot call you due to the fact I am currently overseas.

I am happy to continue on here though.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unfortunately i do not know what award its under and our nearest fairwork office is 500klms away and not answering on weekends
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

You can call them.

You tell them the work that he does and they can advise you if there is an award and provide you with a copy.

You can try searching the awards yourself if you know the industry he is in.

Here is the link about awards/

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.