Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Dears Sirs I have had solar panels installed at my

Customer Question
Dears Sirs I have had solar...
Dears Sirs
I have had solar panels installed at my residence. I am on the point of applying to feed excess electricity in to the grid. I have been advised that the pay on time discount of about 40% which my biller, People Energy (according to current contract with them) provides will be reduced to 18 % pay on time discount, if I sign the documentation to feed in excess generation in to the grid. They have advised that had I informed them about the expected changes earlier, they would discouraged me from installing solar, against government policy to encourage solar power. This leaves very little benefit to me from the change at a cost of about $5,500 dollars upfront cost to the installer (VICSolar).
I have asked whether, if I wanted to go with another company rather than People Energy I can break the contract without penalty. I was advised that I would be charged the penalty (the contract expires in 2018). Since the whole situation will have changed for both parties, would the contract still hold?
I would like to be advised urgently of my options since I wish explore another biller.
Many thanks.
Ram Krishna
31-33 Main St., Narre Warren North 3804 . Phone 04040630
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
9/2/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did you sign the contract to have them installed and have they been installed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes the installation is complete. It's been certified by the government inspector. I have signed and sent the document requesting feed in of the excess electricity into the grid.
Thanks. Ram.

Good Afternoon

What does the agreement say? If you email it to me***@******.*** I can have a look at it and get back to you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will send cc of the agreement soon as I can get hold of a copy. Ram

thank you

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor