How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am involved with a local sporting club in Victoria. The

Customer Question

Hi, I am involved with a local sporting club in Victoria. The club I am involved with is hosting a finals match at our ground. The league administration have said that for us to host a final, we must purchase our food and drink for the day from a supplier nominated by the league or we cannot host the final
1) is the league bound by the corporations act, &
2) Does this constitute 3rd line forcing
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Is it a campy under the Corporations Act or is it an Association registered under state legislation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what a campy is, however the league is the Riddell Football Netball League RDFNL. Also just to clarify, they are saying that in as a condition of hosting the final, we must purchase alcohol from the league (RDFNL) who purchase from a 3rd party supplier that gives them sponsorship in return
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My apologies I meant to type company.

It does not appear to be a PTY LTD and it may only be registered as an association.

I cannot see that condition in the document you have provided.

Have they referred you to any section?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is under "canteen and bar requirements for host clubs", then refer to "alcohol", also applies to "pies/pastries/cakes" & "soft drinks/water/sports drinks"
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning.

You are involved with the club.

If it is hosting the event it says that the canteen will be open 1 hour before the event and that they have to be purchased from Routleys.

The club hosting will provide them.

It is not forcing. I am not aware of any law that you can rely on.