How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44899
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would I be able to get my court case transferred to another

Customer Question

would I be able to get my court case transferred to another town?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Queensland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Just legal aid
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: It is a criminal case
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If it is a criminal matter and you are pleading guilty you can. If you are pleading not guilty you have to leave it in the court that it was given to.

If it is a civil matter you also can but have to file an application and show the court that they are the incorrect court and that they should move it to a new court.

You will need to have a solicitor assist you in this matter it is not that easy.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.