How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5606
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive recently been to court for rent in arrears and was

Customer Question

Hi ive recently been to court for rent in arrears and was ordered to vacate premises. Although on the day of court i was not in arrears, my rent was up to date. I was not able to make it to court to defend or prove myself an the court ruled in favor to real estate due to my absence of court, ten mins late an i had phoned ahead to inform id be a little late. Ive never not paid rent but have been late. I have documents to prove i was only in arrears for short time only. Wat rights do i have
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

All you can do at this point is either:

1. Have the matter relisted in court. Send the court a letter asking for it to be relisted and explain the delay.


2. Speak with the agent and come to some agreement.

At this point, they have a court made judgement so in that, they can force you to move out. So failing either option above being successful, you need to move out sadly.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you

Related Australia Law Questions