How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son and his partner are going through a break up. They

Customer Question

My son and his partner are going through a break up. They recently built a house and he put in 55,000 and she put in 7,000 My question is what is she entitled to?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tasmania
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not at this stage
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: She wants 25,000 and to be able to stay at the house until December If they sold the house they would both lose out the house has been valued at 400,000 and they owe 343,000 my son has offered her 15,000 and all her furniture etc but she says she is entitled to more
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Can you give some more detail about the history of the realtionship, in particular, how long were they de facto partnes or married?

Are there any children of the relationship?

Are there any health issues affecting either party?

What is their overall net worth, for both of them?

How much superannuation to both of them have?

How old are they both?