How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44200
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am before the courts for false misleading material to

Customer Question

I am before the courts for false misleading material to obtain advantage, dishonestly obtain property by deception. This is in regards ***** ***** resume.
I was with the company for 18 months, promoted 3 times.
Could not attend court hearings for 1st August which I was not aware of until the day of hearing, the 11th I did, due to health issues, court was notified, by phone and faxed all medical certificates for both. As I was in a serious road accident on the 5th July suffered head injuries, shoulder, knee tears, fluid in upper spine and memory lost, I have up and coming appointment which I cannot attend.
Friday 12th at 4pm I was arrested due to not attendance at court, a warrant was issued, the detective who arrested me, pushed me and I fell to the ground, I was on crutches at the time, the handcuffs were put on and he kept pushing and tugging at my rist, which cut into my rist and bleed, I was taken to Bowral police station, were the abuse from the detective continue, I was told I was a bad father, my kids will be taken from me, and I was lying about my injuries, audio and video should prove this, I was denied bail, and sent to Goulburn, I appeared at the Goulburn courthouse, spoke to legal aid, no judge was present on day, a justice of peace heard the case, denied bail and sent me to Goulburn corrections facility, until my court hearing on Monday 15th 9.30am, I am appearing via video link, I have no access to a phone to contact a lawyer, I need a lawyer to ajorn my case for a couple of days so I can get a lawyer and apply for bail, so I continue with my treatment and to finalise this case which has been going on now for 12 months, I have a medical certificate stating that I am unfit for court from the 8/8/16 up until October due to appointments with neurologist and orthopaedic surgeon. I am on medication, but I have been refused my medication for my injuries since Friday 12th. As I need a lawyer ASAP would you know one ? That could speak to me on Sunday 14th.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am sorry to hear about all this.

It appears you have access to the internet and phone.

Contact the law society of NSW on monday and get a referral to a solicitor that practices in this area

here is their link

I would also assume that you have a solicitor that acted in your injury claim or at the lease you have a doctor that has been working with you. This is important to back you up on the injuries you have suffered.

You would also need to have the officer that arrested you disciplined and you can report him to the police had quarters

The solicitor you speak to can assist in this.

Call the law society and they will refer you.

Good luck and all the best.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.