Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I have a vehicle repair centre and hold an AIS licence to do

Customer Question
registration inspections. They send out...
I have a vehicle repair centre and hold an AIS licence to do registration inspections. They send out auditors now instead of qualified inspectors to check if everything is being done to the rules.What I need to know is what are my rights when confronted with these people coming into my workshop. I need to know what they're peramiters of interview are and the rules the have and need to follow when they start to interrogate us.I tried to Google it but cant even find any trace of them on the net. These people cannot be beyond approach surely.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
8/11/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

They have the same rights as the inspectors. You have to comply with their requirements and answer their questions.

You cannot treat them any different.

Here is some information and you can download their rule books as to their powers.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/business-industry/buses/operators/audits-and-certified-auditors.html

They have alot of power.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im sorry but this doesn't help. BOAS auditors are only for the bus industry. I need to know about the rules of the auditors for the RMS Authorised Inspection Station Scheme, its a different branch formed a couple of years ago with the head office in GLEN INNES. with a branch in Parramatta. Thread I have is***@******.***, but as you can guess it doesn't say anything about their rules of conduct and interview techniques.

I will look into it further

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was wondering if you have any other information on the RMS AIS auditors

They have broad powers and they have a right to make a detailed audit and if you fail they can take away the licence.

but have to find the section in the act.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i know that. what I need to know is their interview rules. im sick and tired of getting hasseled by this department of the RMS and nobody can tell me what they can and cannot do,Im over people being too scared to stand up to these people just because their a gov. department. They come in with an agenda and stuff you around for over an hour before they get to why they came out in the first place ,then when you try to explain anything to them its like talking to a 7 year old child.They took my ticket off me , for doing 3 regos in 3 minutes. I told him its impossible for me to do that because im a 59 year old 1 finger typist. you cant talk to them ,there like a dog with a bone, its a waste of time talking to them. Ineed to know their rules so I can fight them on a equal keel.

Good Afternoon

I will keep looking an will get back to you.

Leon, Solicitor