How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44889
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a Sri Lankan and currently studying at a university in

Customer Question

Hi there..
Im a Sri Lankan and currently studying at a university in adelaide..My wife also joined me couple of months back under student dependent visa (subclass 573)
I feel that my study carreer hard and i have a thought to make my wife start a bachelor degree in another university, making myself the dependent.
Is it possible for her to apply for the student visa making me as the dependent??
For that process do we have to go back to Sri Lanka?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If you wish to do this then she has to apply for a new visa it cannot simply be that you change places.

She can apply for a visa here to be a student.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.