How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44382
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

From Sydney. I was involved in the work related accident

Customer Question

Hi, My name is***** from Sydney. I was involved in the work related accident while working on the construction of Grater Union cinema in George St Sydney in 1986.
Following the accident I needed my teeth reconstructed however, over the period of time the work needs to be renewed again. Am I still entitled to insurance work and if so, how do I go about it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am really sorry and I hate to be the bearer of bad news. You are out of time to make the claim it should have been made at that time. It is now more than 6 years and the limitations period has expired.

Why did you not make a claim then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did make a claim and the work was done to rectify my damaged teeth, however, this work needs to be done again due to deterioration and wear and tear. I was not compensated for any future work that might be needed and feel that i should do something about it now
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

Was the work done poorly or was it because of general use?

You are not usually compensated for future work. You only get loss of future wages.

If the work was done poorly then you may have an action against the dentist otherwise there is no further action the courts will not allow you to go back and get more.

I am sorry but I do not believe you have any claim.

I hope this makes sense and is of of assistance. I dont like giving people bad news.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.