How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44181
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just need some advice. My ex partner has had my son. She did

Customer Question

Hi there. Just need some advice. My ex partner has had my son. She did not place me on the birth certificate, but I have signed a stat dec to say I am the father to child support as well as a DNA test to prove it. She has changed her phone number and address and won't reply to any emails. I have also found out she is leaving Australia with him to go to the UK. What can I do.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Qld
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No as didn't want to go through that avenue.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Like what for example?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You need to contact a solicitor in your state ASAP that practices in family law and get your son on the Airport watch list ASAP.

This is done through the Australian Federal Police.

You also file an application with the Federal Circuit Court to have orders that your son remain with you.

You have to do this ASAP because if she leaves you will have a difficult case seeking your son be returned under the international convention.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.