How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44177
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter was accused of theft by her employer and sacked,

Customer Question

My daughter was accused of theft by her employer and sacked, she didn't really mind being sacked as she taught she would just move on to another job, now it seems the word is getting around and she would like to clear her name, what is the best way to go about this
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If she did not steal from him and he is lying about it to others she can sue for defamation.

She should speak to a solicitor and also see if she can get the people that have been told she stole support her to give evidence on what they were told and how it made them feel about her.

She can claim for that.

Here is some information.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.