How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have contacted by the casa for arrears dating back more

Customer Question

I have contacted by the casa for arrears dating back more than 10 years can they do that
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Csa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is the a statue of limitations on csa debt
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Yes they can. It is a debt that is not wiped and only the party that was to receive it can have it wiped.

Do you owe child support?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Apparently yes I do. I only recently returned to Australia after 25 years I did pay direct to the mother but have no docs to prove that
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

How did you make the payments was it by direct deposit from banks?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
uk bank but last one was ten years ago
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why has your company taken a further 76 dollars from my account on top of the 5. I thought it's just 5?
********** ***********
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

I assume you do not have the bank account any more? If you do you can ask the bank to search for it.

Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning.

I do not deal with the funds aspect you have to speak to the administrators I can send them a message for you if you want.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have already sent a msg re cancelling and refund
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What are my options if I disagree with the csa