How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44660
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter left home at 18 now she's 26 married with 3

Customer Question

My daughter left home at 18 now she's 26 married with 3 kids.All these years I try to get in touch with her but unsuccessfully knock me back.Clearly she didn't want to have nothing to do with me.I was very disappointed and frustrated but I was happy to see my other kids siblings keep in touch with her.I would like to know if I have any rights and a grandparent to see my grandkids regardless of her that she doesn't want to be a part of my life.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Can you are with me what State this is in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Melbourne Victoria
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. This was in the US category, so I will have to opt out and have it placed in your country, so an expert can assist

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't received an answer waiting to hear from a lawyer in Melbourne Australia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I connected to US experts? Or my state Australia Melbourne Victoria ?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Under the Family Law Act grand parents are recognised to spend time with their grand children.

It is under section 65C of the Act.

Mediation has to be your first call before court.

You should contact your closest family relationship centre. This is a free service provided by the Federal Government. Their website is

You can find your closest one on there.

The web-site also have alot of useful information and links to assist you.

Before going to court you must obtain a certificate from a family dispute resolution practitioner. You get this through the free service provided at the family relationship centres.

If you need to go to court then you will need to file an application in the Family Court or the Federal Circuit Court and

​Then law is the same in all states.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance, if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.