Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I need urgent advice I was living Deniliquin nsw and was

Customer Question

I need urgent advice I was living Deniliquin nsw and was evicted from my house. I have two daughters to seperate fathers aged 3 and 1 . Docs removed my 3 year old and placed her into the care of my mother. Docs had no evidence of there claims but proceeded to take her. I moved to Bendigo Victoria with my youngest Millie . I was sent forms only regarding a a it only had her name on it. I then had to attend Childrens court today in Albury nsw and they have added Millie onto it it states docs filed and serve a summary of the proposed plan for the children by 12 August and I have to go back to court 18th August . What can I do yo stop them taking my daughter who I have in care
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Have you not obtained a grant of legal aid?
I suggest strongly to contact them.

In respect of the child, If you have obtained suitable accommodation and the like before the next court date, there is little issue that DOCs can argue with.
What are the allegations against you?
If they are drug related, you can well attend to taking drug urinalysis to confirm there is no issue for instance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I call Victorian legal aid or nsw legal aid as I'm living in Victoria. The allegations are drug related and domestic violence and being evicted. I have never been charged with any drug charges. Or any reports of domestic violence. I have got suitable accomodation and I'm looking for kart time work. The minute of order 1) states the department of family and community service is to file and serve a summary of the proposed plan for the children by 12 August 2016
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

1. Contact NSW Legal Aid, now.

2. Attend a medical centre every second day, undertake drug urinalysis. Get all the reports and keep them.

3. Obtain a copy of your criminal history. In turn, DOCs should have a copy of this in any event.

4. Find a job.

If all the above are adhered to, more so points 1,2 and 3, then there should be no issue really. If there are no interventions by the police and the drug urinalysis come back clear, then it should be successful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can I do today to stop docs taking my child from my home in Victoria
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Speak with them and demand that nothing happens till the next court date.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there any applications I can put in today to stop them from doing anything till next court date
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

You can file a response, however you should speak with legal aid before doing so.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed what you told me n got an email that I have to travel 4 hours without a car on Monday to Childrens court
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

noted

Well you need to speak with legal aid and have them appear

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How by Monday coming
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.