How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a discharged bankrupt, NSW yes, no, I became discharged

Customer Question

Hi . I'm a discharged bankrupt
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: NSW yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I became discharged a month ago
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 12 months ago.

​Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My home has no equity in it
The trustee asked firstly for 17k plus 1.5 k for deed of agreement then 1.5k for payment arrangement. I said my house had no equity and had it valued.
The have now come back with 1.5k for deed of arrangement and I am to make an offer for them to release the caveat. If the house has no equity why are they making me pay them to release it
Expert:  Leon replied 12 months ago.

Good Afternoon,

I cannot tell you what offer to make. You need to speak to a Solicitor and get more detailed information.

But it appears that they will not rerelease you unless you come to an agreement.

This is all going to be based on what you financial position is not and in the future.

I am surprised that you have been released as a Bankrupt if they are still wanting you to come to an agreement with them.

You will have to provide all the correspondence to the solicitor so they understand what the position is.

Usually if you are discharged then the matte is over and they do not want you to do anything.

Related Australia Law Questions